You finally decided to start that business… to put your goals to action and bring your dreams to reality. But then you are unable to maintain the same enthusiasm as you get along. You are happy you started but some situations are causing you to doubt if you made the right decision. It takes a lot of commitment to succeed in any business venture. However there are some guiding principles that successful entrepreneurs go by.
1. Don’t chase the money-Chase the service: The common practice with entrepreneurs is to follow up hard on the money (revenue, sales etc) and very often compromise the service.When the business is new and promising, it could attract a lot of clients who might either stay with you and become loyal or run off after their first experience with you. In order to stay in business, focus first on the service and money will follow. But if you chase the money first, you chase the clients away and the money will go with them.
2. Give: Endeavor to give to the community where you make your money. That will earn you loyalty. Many entrepreneurs want to wait until they have made tons of profit before they engage in corporate social responsibilities. Try giving back to the community of the people who buy your products and you will be impressed at how much brand loyalty your action can build.
3. Avoid exploitation of labour. When labour is cheap and available it is often abused. If your workers are disgruntled, the quality of their work will be highly affected. Endeavor to pay your workers on time and pay them inconsideration to service rendered and risk taken to perform task. This will improve on your customer service because happy workers equals to good job.
4. Honour the Lord your God. All things belong to God. So be wise and give honour where it is due. There are two sources of wealth. It either comes from the Almighty God or the evil one. Wise people wait on God because only He gives freely and when He gives, He directs you on what to do and how to do it. So give Him honour in appreciation of what you have and He will release more to you.
5. Love: There is no better way of showing true service. Without love you would not care about the kind of products you offer your clients. By loving your clients, you will not cheat them nor trick them. You would be conscious of what you offer them.
6. Believe in yourself and trust in your struggle. When you are newly starting a business, people will talk you out of it when progress is slow. You may also get overwhelmed when things don’t work out as planned. Irrespective of what it is, stay focused on the goals and believe in yourself. If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will. If you were bold enough to have started the business, be bold enough to believe in it. Don’t let others talk you out of it.
7.Be appreciative of each stage of progress. Progress comes in stages. Appreciate the progress you have made and avoid measuring your progress by the success of others. It will only discourage you. Don’t forget that those you envy were once where you are.
© 2017, https:. All rights reserved.