Poor oral hygiene accounts for a majority of mouth and heart conditions. It is said that bad oral hygiene can cause gum disease and the bacteria can go as far as the arteries in the heart and increase the risk of heart attack or stroke. It is no news that you should maintain a good oral routine for healthy teeth and gums but what makes news are the things we take for granted that cause us brown teeth and often bad breath.
The Don’ts in Oral Care
- Don’t use your teeth as a tool. Your teeth is not meant to bite on objects other than food. You could cause a fracture on your teeth or an injury on your gum that could lead to other complications.
- Avoid sipping on alcoholic/caffeine drinks because they could stain your teeth. However, if you must sip on them, endeavour to brush within a few hours after, especially before bed time.
- Don’t clench or grind your teeth. You wear them down when you do so.
- Keep off cigarettes. Smoking causes gum disease, tooth decay, tooth loss among others.
- Don’t sleep without brushing.
How to Improve on the whiteness of your teeth.
- Combine about two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide with one tablespoon of baking soda.
- Stir it into a your tooth paste and start brushing.
- Don’t scrub brush on your teeth or gum. Brush gently in circular motions across your teeth and your tongue.
- Let the paste stand about a minute and then rinse.
This combination helps to brighten the teeth and also eliminate bad breath. However, use it sparingly because both products have chemical substances that could rather damage your gums if over used.
© 2017, https:. All rights reserved.