Stretch marks are among the most dreaded things women hate to see on their bodies especially when they want to feel all sexy. Though some men have it too, they don’t really see to care much about given that by virtue of their dressing, they are always almost covered up.
Why do women get stretch marks more than men?
- Weight Gain: By nature, women gain and lose weight more often than men, either in pregnancy, or normal hormonal changes as they age. This frequent changes cause the skin to expand and bounce back thanks to the protein cells that form the skin’s connective tissues. However, when it is overstretched, the collagen production is disrupted, causing stretch marks, according to the Nemours Foundation. If you maintain a steady, healthy weight, your skin is less likely to develop stretch marks.
- Dry skin: A well-hydrated skin is more elastic than a dry skin ad so can easily adapt to the changes in weight. Women use so many body lotions that make them vulnerable to dry skin more than men. For example, skin lighteners etc.
How to Get rid of it:
- Use a body moisturizer after shower.
- Upgrade your diet to include lots of antioxidants such as vitamin A and C to help protect your skin.
- Do a sugar/lemon and oil scrub. Mix sugar, lemon and avocado oil/coconut oil/almond oil, massage the areas with stretch marks and leave it on for bout 10 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this several times a week for faster results.
© 2017, https:. All rights reserved.