Natural nails are beautiful with the right attention. To get healthier nails, observe these six things and your fingers will be thankful to you.
- Never forget the base coat: Avoid applying nail polish directly on your nails without a base coat. The base cost helps to prevent stains from the nail polish.
- Don’t use nail polish with toxic chemicals like dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde, and toluene. They contribute to brittleness, splitting, and cracking of the nail. Always read the labels for these.
- Avoid over use of acrylic or gel nails because this treatments are very harsh on the nails. The exposure to UV light in the drying device can damage the skin below and around the nail, leading to an increased risk of cancer.
- Don’t cut your cuticles. The cuticle is very important. It seals the area at the base of the nail. So when you cut or remove the cuticles, it breaks that seal of protection, leaving you vulnerable to bacteria and the possibility of infection.
- Avoid dry hands: Your nails are delicate, and scrubbing them too roughly can actually expose you to infection.
- Don’t leave your nails over grown for too long. Trim regularly like every two weeks, adjusting to more or less as you see how your nails respond.
© 2017, https:. All rights reserved.