When you look into the mirror what do you see? The answer is obvious! “You see you”. But the hidden reality is that you see a reflection of your thoughts and your emotions in your body. We all carry these two persons (mind, and emotions) in our bodies as we move around. When one blossoms, the others are affected and they all blossom too. In the same way when one is sad, confused, in doubts, and miserable, the others are equally affected and they follow suit. This is the reason why we are called to positive thinking because of the connection between these three persons (body; mind, emotions). Our experiences in life are a reflection of our thoughts. It all starts in the mind. Some people call it mind power, others call it faith, others say its energy and the list goes on. Whatever you call it, as you think it, so will you attract it.
Positive thinking is an exercise that trains the mind to always dwell on the bright side of life despite all odds. It is about continuously acknowledging and rejecting negative thoughts as they arise in the mind and replacing them with the opposite following your desires. Your thoughts shape your life and behavior. A positive thought generates positive feelings and bring forth positive experiences.
Some people are faced with certain situations they wish they could change but consciously or unconsciously remain in it. Some people remain in a state of lack and misery and claim its destiny. God has given us the power to influence our destinies by the powers of our minds. For example, how do you wish for something and at the same time tell yourself you are not capable of having it.
Success originates from your thoughts. When you think of something continuously, you attract that “thing” into your path and it eventually moves from thought to reality. If your thoughts are always positive, your entire body reflects it and your self esteem and body language portrays it.
A common question is how to go about the whole positive thinking exercise. The tips below will guide you on how to do it.
Tips on positive thinking:
- Once a negative thought enters your mind, you have to acknowledge it and endeavor to replace it with a constructive one. For example you are about doing a presentation but then you might not be a public speaker and so a thought tells you that you might fail. Instead of dwelling on this negative thought, you should try acknowledging your challenge and replace the thought with a positive one by saying something like “…yeah I might not be a public speaker but I’m smart and so I will do great at it.” If the negative thought returns, replace it again with a positive one. Imagine you are faced with two images in front of you, and you have to choose to look at one of them, and disregard the other. Persistence will eventually teach your mind to think in the direction you choose.
- Use positive words in your inner dialogues. Inner dialogues are those conversations you have with yourself. Endeavor to make them positive by complementing yourself. Self appreciation is key to great inner dialogues. Write down the things you like about you and remind yourself of them daily.
- In case you experience inner resistance and difficulties when replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, do not give up. Rather keep focusing on the positive and start saying them aloud to yourself. This is called affirmations—that which is said repeatedly is registered by your mind and that which your mind registers affects your emotions. The connection of all these transforms your experiences.
- Use your imagination to visualize your success. Tapping into your ability to imagine or visualize, can be used as a powerful tool to become more positive. In other words, imagine your life after your desires. For example if you long for prosperity, let your imagination build an image of a very successful you, the life you will be leaving as a successful person , the car, the house you will have etc.
- Smile a little more. Challenge yourself to a smile every day even when there’s nothing to smile about. It will gradually be a habit. Smiles generate positive feelings.
It doesn’t matter what circumstances you face. Train your mind to attract your desires. If what you face is not what you desire use your mind to attract what you desire. God has given you that power.
© 2017, https:. All rights reserved.